Thursday, April 24, 2014

Angel Eyes – Episodes 1 to 4 Through Ana’s Eyes






Its summer in my part of the world and the 4 initial episodes of this drama surprisingly made my already warm heart a little bit warmer. As always, Ciel got on the Angel Eyes wagon first and asked me to try it out because it’s bursting with the joy of first love and as fan girls we should help spread the love right?!



So what makes this drama heartwarming and worth watching?


Park Dong Joo / Dylan Park (Kang Ha Neul /Lee Sang Yoon)





I don’t think anyone who watched Park Dong Joo put color in the very dark world of  Yoon Soo Wan will be able to resist his charms. He is definitely one of the main reason why you will keep  watching this drama. Through Park Dong Joo, the show gave us a very lovable and irresistible lead guy . He is smart, confident, thoughtful, hard working and most of all has a very positive approach to life. 


Although Park Dong Joo is played by Kang Ha Neul in episodes 1 and 2 only (with some flashbacks in eps 3 and 4) I think he rocked it. He did it so well that I can’t forget him playing Dong Joo at all.  I am a fan of Kang Ha Neul and I think Dong Joo is similar to his character in Monstar but this time he is the star so it was definitely a delight to watch him fall in love over again. With Lee Sang Yoon, this is my first watching him and though I am used to him by now as Dong Joo, the transition was a bit hard for me at first. Lee Sang Yoon has carried on Dong Joo’s role established by Kang Ha Neul really well though I must say that I think  Ha Neul  is way more good looking than him (I hope fans of Sang Yoon won’t mind me saying this,  I also find him good looking though)

Yoon Soo Wan (Nam Ji Hyun / Gy Hye Sun)


At the beginning of the drama this girl is literally living in a dark world but what makes Yoon Soo Wan most admirable is the fact she remains hopeful and has this will to live on. As a blind girl she managed to live on her own and even work just like any normal people do. I think her stubbornness to live normally is part of her charm, definitely a fighter for life.


Just like Dong Joo,  Yoon Soo Wan was played by Nam Ji Hyun in eps 1 and 2  and boy, wasn’t she a very pretty blind girl! By the end of ep 4 I have adjusted to Hye Sun playing Soo Wan but again, the transition was also hard for me at first.  At the beginning of ep 3 it felt like Yoon Soo Wan is a different person but by end of ep 4 I finally feel the Soo Wan in  Gu Hye Sun.  She has carried on the stubborness and charm projected by Nam Ji Hyun as Yoon Soo Wan.

The Chemistry




This drama is very successful in making viewers feel the sweetness and innocence of first love. I love the teenage years so much I can’t get over it. Dong Joo is so cute on his crush for Soo Wan that anyone who ever had a teenage crush can so relate. Also, girls especially fan girls like me can’t help but fall in love as Soo Wan falls in love  with Dong Joo. I tell you watching them together fall in love for the first time will transport you back to the time you first fell in love or make you want to experience that love for yourself. If you can’t get enough of the pictures then you definitely must watch.




Don’t get me wrong just because the teenage times leaves a lasting memory it does not mean that the adult Dong Joo and and Soo Wan does not have chemistry, they also rock in the chemistry department. I can so feel their love even with just how they look at each other. I really hope that in the upcoming episodes we will experience more of their love. A little  kiss and hug will do even if watching the look of longing between them gave off a painfully sweet feeling.

 

The Family





Dong Joo’s family is a very important part of this story. Through this family,  a big change in the lives of both the lead characters took place. But their importance does not stop there, this family is just as lovable as Dong Joo. I can so relate with Soo Wan in wanting to belong to their family, I feel my heart warming up as I watch them together. 


I’m sure all of you who watched the
show love Jung Hwa as much as Dong Joo and Soo Wan did. She is every bit a mommy should be, fun, sweet and strives really hard to give the best for their child however they can.






And who can forget the very cute Hye Joo, naughty and sweet she is such a delight to watch. I know it was mentioned in the story that her operation was successful and she is doing well in America but the adult Hye Joo has not been shown yet. I will really appreciate If she comes back in the show as an adult. I hope her adult counterpart will be as cheerful as the young one was.

The Supporting Characters


Cha Min Soo



She is Soo Wan’s bestfriend and watching her will simply make you want to have her as a friend too. A scene of her that I will always remember is when she confronted Dong Joo to make sure to not hurt Soo Wan, a bestfriend indeed.

  
Kang Ji Woon



He may be Soo Wan’s fiance which makes him Dong Joo’s (Dylan’s) rival but his bromance with Dong Joo is just so cute if not hilarious at times. I really hope that his admiration and respect for Dong Joo and their budding friendship will not be shattered in the future episodes considering that they are rivals but  I am kind of preparing myself for that. Anyways for now let’s feast on the bromance while it lasts.


Yoon Jae Beom


He is Soo Wan’s dad whom I both love and hate. It’s hard not to love him knowing how he helped Dong Joo live on and be the doctor that he is right now. But it’s also hard not to hate him knowing that he prevented any meeting between Dong Joo and Soo Wan for happening for 12 years.


Ana’s Thoughts


I really try to stay away from Melodrama as it usually gives off bittersweet vibe when it ends but since both the leads have such positive outlook, I am hopeful that when Angel Eyes ends the feeling it gives off will all be sweet. 





Dong Joo and Soo Wan’s young love is the main reason why I started to like this drama. Their love for each other is the center of the story and the hope that they will reunite is what makes me come back for more. 



As I watch this show  a lot of questions  come to mind  which I hope will eventually be answered as the show progresses. Will Soo Wan finally recognize Dong Joo? Will Ji Woon let go of Soo Wan without a fight? Will Hye Joo resurface? Who was driving the car that hit Jung Hwa? What is the connection between the inspector who was fired and the the death of Jung Hwa? Up to what extent will Soo Wan’s dad go to prevent Dong Joo and Soo Wan from reuniting and what is his reason for doing so?  I  actually still have many questions and I hope that the show will be able to answer it all by the end of the show while continuing to make us feel excited and in love. 



For now I will leave you with  part of the lyrics of Run To You (Angel Eyes OST) by Lasse Lindh, the song that keeps playing in my mind whenever I think of this show........




With you.

Everything seems so easy
With you.

My heartbeat has found its rhythm
With you.

I'm so close to finding my home

 

With you.

I dont care if I´m a little bit crazy
Cause with you nothing's wrong

I am run-run-running to you 
And I'll keep you safe forever
Through the tears, trough the love and all the nights we share
I am run-run-running to you 
And I'll keep you safe forever
Don't you know my love, don't you know two hearts can beat as one




2 comments: