Saturday, April 19, 2014

Bride of the Century – A look back on the Final Episode by Ana





After watching Bride of the Century episode 16 with subs, I realize that there were so many things we did not understand when me and Ciel watched it live. I also realized that in spite of the lack of skinship in the final episode, it gave a good closure to most of the characters most especially our leads Kang Joo and Doo Rim.


There are several lines in the final episode which I love. Let’s look back on the final episode with some of my favorite lines:

 




“This not an end but a beginning….You’ve shown that both longing and patience are also love.” 




Doo Rim staying away from Kang Joo was the most major thing I did not understand when I watched it live and after hearing this line from the ghost, I realized how hard a decision Doo Rim made to stay away. I also realized how big Kang Joo and Doo Rim’s love for each other for them to hold on in spite of the separation.



“ I know it doesn’t compare to the years you’ve stood by waiting but I spent each day as though its was a year waiting for you……I finally realized the your presence in my life is one that should be cherished.”



This was a bit cheesy for me to hear Kang Joo’s dad say it to the mom but you have to admit, it was a good line right?! 


I feel kind of sad that it took Kang Joo’s dad  a year of separation after more than 30 years of marriage to realize that the mom is an important part of his life and that he has grown to love her in spite of not being in love with her at first but as they say, better late than never. Glad that in spite of their age they are still enjoying dating and stuff ( wink, wink…. My perv mind was working overtime and did not miss the line from KJ’s mom “after dinner we’re going to spend the night at the cabin” after Doo Rim tied the neck tie of Kang Joo’s dad  and was wishing them for a nice time. Haha! ) 


“And just as she’d hoped life became more peaceful …….In her absence the tears are slowly being replaced with laughter. I miss her a lot”


 


The line is part of Kang Joo’s voice over as the drama shows us how he and his family are moving on after Doo Rim left. I love this line because it shows us that in spite of Doo Rim leaving him and in spite of him missing her, he is not bitter and he still understood her.


“Our son who looks just like you must be a gift from you. Whenever I miss you, I look at him and I’m able to get through the longing”


 


This is part of Doo Rim’s voice over as she is shown getting through her days in spite missing Kang Joo. Although I still think their separation took so long but  I think this line successfully expressed  just how much Doo Rim loves Kang Joo.


“In the spring, flowers start to bloom again and birds come back home, one day you will receive good news”

 


Kang Joo’s dad have always cheered on Doo Rim and Kang Joo. It was nice of him to continue to give Kang Joo hope in those times he longed for Doo Rim.


“I prepared a lot of things I want to say last night and in the end I didn’t get to say any of it”




 


This was Sae Joon’s  voice over  after he was out talked by Jin Joo when he was suppose to be the one proposing. I think the whole engagement conversation between Sae Joon and Jin Joo was funny and cute not to mention sweet. Although  Sae Joon was not able to properly propose he was still able to give the love Jin Joo deserves which made Jin Joo say “Today is the happiest day of my life since I was born” awww, we are happy for both of you =)


“Don’t worry he’s only going to have eyes for one girl too, he takes after me”




Kang Joo is really my kind of guy. This was Kang Joo’s line after Kang In teased him that Kang Rim will probably make a lot of girls cry. I’m sure Doo Rim is proud to have him as her husband.


“When you meet, you part ways but when you part ways, you’re bound to meet again. Don’t you think that’s what makes the world go round.”

 


It took the ghost a century to give a Tae Yang heir the love and happiness he deserved. Thus,we have Doo Rim as the Bride of the Century =)!


“Meeting a good match is as difficult as a blind turtle finding a piece of floating wood in the ocean. While you were not meant to be with Kang Joo’s grandfather, many years later, Kang Joo and your granddaughter's meeting was fate bringing them together. I’d like to think of it as a precious connection brought together by the heavens.”




Again this was Kang Joo’s dad talking. I can’t help but think that even though he was reassuring Doo Rim’s grandma here, he was also cheering on Kang Joo and Doo Rim’s union.


“This is my bride whom I have waited for 100 years, the one who will help carry on our family name.”




And so there goes our Bride of the Century. I had to add the pictures of their first 2 kisses since I did not get any here =)! Kang Joo and Doo Rim Fighting!






3 comments:

  1. your post just made me cry again.. I'm overly missing Bride of the Century.. Kang Joo and Doo Rim.. I feel so empty now that its finished.. You have selected the very lines that I have warmed my heart and are indeed precious gems- a treasure of lessons learned from the drama..indeed BOTC did not just entertained us but it has taught us realities of life..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. Hugs to you! During this withdrawal phase fan girls should stick together however way we can. Re-watching fave scenes and reading about them over and over again helps me and Ciel out, I hope it helps you too. Thanks for reading and I hope you visit our site again for other fan girl fix =)

      Delete
  2. 25 April pls come sooner!
    i need to see KangRim's parents again.

    ReplyDelete